Loungefest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Loungefest

Best Loungin' you'll ever have!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Suggestion]Major Company Forums

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hera

Hera

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-02-15

[Suggestion]Major Company Forums Empty
PostSubject: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:07 pm

When I mean major, I mean the top three. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. Each has contributed by making the next gen consoles Wii, PS3, and Xbox360. Each different company has upcoming events for their next console, next console upgrade. Maybe making a forums for these three companys, and possible a Secondary GameCorp for producers such a Sega, and other in that category would allow us to post about upcoming event for them without having spam the forum of the consoles they follow in.

Good, or not?
Back to top Go down
Karis

Karis

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:22 pm

I like this idea. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I remember something about Nintendo releasing the Wii 2, and it is of course releasing the DSi. I'm not sure what the other companies are releasing, but there's no problem that I could think of. The only thing wrong in your suggestion is that each one should have a forum. I think that should happen, but only when the systems come out. Instead, have a forum with threads about them.

SUPPORTED
Back to top Go down
Hera

Hera

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Each are different companys with many major changes. Stuff like Sega, who left the competition obviously don't need one, but companys like Nintendo and Sony who are making much progress certianly do.
Back to top Go down
Karis

Karis

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:43 pm

I still support this, but I'm not too sure if it needs a forum. Maybe a forum titled "Major Companies", then have threads for those companies. I see no reason to have a forum for each one of them.
Back to top Go down
Hera

Hera

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 pm

That depends on what people view as "Major Companies". Not everyone finds that Nintendo is a major company. Were speaking on a Video Game outlet view, which in turn makes Nintendo a majpr company in that aspect, and giving each a forum to dicuss in would eliminate the possibility of a Console War.
Back to top Go down
Karis

Karis

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Do you know what I mean?

One for each company.

I'm not too sure what you mean, but how would a Console War start if there were different threads for each one?
Back to top Go down
Hera

Hera

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm

I know what you mean. Your saying your not sure we should have a forum for each of the three companies. While I'm saying the opposite.

I'm saying a console war will not happen since a forum is limited to the discussion about it's topic. You wouldn't be able to talk about Sony in the Nintendo forum, or vice versa. It eliminates the possible console war.

I've put it out simple.
Back to top Go down
Karis

Karis

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Yes, but if the forum was run well, we could just make it that if somebody posts about Sony in the Nintendo forum, that post would be deleted and the user would get a warning. Simple stuff.
Back to top Go down
Hera

Hera

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Yes, but that's the thing. If we implemented this, we would be free of having to do that. Moderators aren't just there to delete posts you know. Doing this would effect our convienence.
Back to top Go down
Karis

Karis

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes, I know that. They are there to keep the forum under control while still having fun doing it.

I don't know. I still think it'd be easier with just one forum and one thread for each. It has to be a carefully modded forum though.
Back to top Go down
Hera

Hera

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

If you limit it to one thread, then you'll limit the topics. If someone makes a thread, then thats subject will be talked about, however, if you talk about something else in a thread which has a topic, it's possible that the new topic will get skipped and never answered. If at all, it needs it's own forum.
Back to top Go down
Karis

Karis

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Ok, now I get your point of view, and I quite like it. We'll see what other people have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Aeolis
Admin
Aeolis

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:44 am

Karis wrote:
I like this idea. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I remember something about Nintendo releasing the Wii 2, and it is of course releasing the DSi. I'm not sure what the other companies are releasing, but there's no problem that I could think of. The only thing wrong in your suggestion is that each one should have a forum. I think that should happen, but only when the systems come out. Instead, have a forum with threads about them.

SUPPORTED

Each one having a forum is not needed. I shall post 1 forum and in that will be 4-5 subforums, One for each gaming platform. I like the idea and hopefull I shall get round to it soon.
Also when I do make this new forum no-one shall mod it, It won't be a big forum and won't need to be modded. needless to say I'm not making anyone moderator any more for a while anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://loungefest.forumotion.net
Karis

Karis

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Alright then. I don't think this needs any more discussion, and if it does, Shayn can open it.

CLOSED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion]Major Company Forums   [Suggestion]Major Company Forums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion]Major Company Forums
Page 1 of 1